Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Vaca - Day 6 - Thurs, Aug 4

Didn't even take my camera! What was I thinking? LOL! A friend of ours owns/lives on Bird Island, an 8 acre island just southeastish of Barbour. He's been asking us to come visit for a year of more so he could show us his island. So, this was the day. Steven is a dock builder by trade, and we really didn't know what to expect, but it was terrific! His description was it was about 40 docks all mangled together. And, while I can see that, it was just facinating! They collect all kinds of "stuff". Whether it washes ashore on their island or beach, or if he finds it in his piling digging, etc. with work. Everywhere you looked there was something interesting! Next time, I promise I'll take the camera!

It was only about 3900 degrees, and I got a little over heated and had to be scurried off the island back to the condo. Crappy end to a great day, but maybe Steven and Mindy will have us back out ~ LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment