Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Catching Up ~

Boy! I've been slack! I'm surprised I haven't been assaulted yet ~ Anyway, let's see... where to start... Father's Day. Wayne didn't get his, really. He worked with Tracy on an FDIC shut-down, so wasn't home all weekend, and needed sleep on Sunday. But, we cooked him crab legs and fried shrimp for lunch, and the girls had picked him out a new shirt, so I guess it wasn't a total wash.

Wayne, Clint & Rrrr had an unofficial official day (of fishing) planned for Thursday, so I had the bed to myself Wednesday night. I read, and watched tv, and slept like a log. But, Thursday am? WHEW! Something was wrong with my big toe! I've had arthritis-type pain in it before, but nothing dabilitating. I wore a shoe Thursday, but when I took it off that night, IT WAS ON. Didn't sleep Thursday night, mostly writhed and twisted. Friday was Wayne's Father's Day doings in Savannah. I, again, wore a shoe, but was glad to get it off, and then was sorry I had. Another night of misery, highlited by hot soaking, elevating and lowering, and some crying added to the mix. Wayne had been on-line at some 3am researching, and had made his determination of gout, which was confirmed by Monica and Ms Diane on Saturday, then Dr Cobb on Monday. But, by daylight Saturday, I'd located some meds from 2003 and was going okay. LOL! Doc gave me a shot in the butt and some fresh pain meds, and I'm feeling much better, thanks! Would give pretty much anything to not go through that again. Even tossed out the idea of just cutting it off, 'course that could have been the pain meds talking.

Jeremy's Uncle Ricky offered us up some fresh corn, so Friday night, Wayne, the girls and Moncia went to pick up 5 or 6 bushels (they came home with 10!) Thanks Uncle Ricky! We'll think of you every meal we eat corn ~ The girls thanked him on Monday by baking him Aunt Gussie's Lemon Cake. YUM!

2 comments:

  1. so glad your big "piggy" is feeling much better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike gets gout in his big toe, and he is NOT pleasant to be around when he has a flare up.
    Mike worked on Father's Day also. Then he had a "Daddy Date" on Monday with Luke for his birthday, which was Father's Day this year.
    I need to get busy on my family blog. I still need to load the pics from my Glennville class on my desktop. So good to see you the other night.

    ReplyDelete