Monday, July 26, 2010

Busy Weekend

Pepe' went to work with me on Thursday, got his staples out, and Emily brought him home with her at lunch. THANK YOU POOH! He's doing so great. We can hardly believe it ~

Wayne was in Madison all last week, and since the girls aren't in school on Fridays, and Uncle Sonny granted me another furlough day... the chicks (and Pepe') took off to the coast Thursday night. Friday morning, after some trials and tribulations, we got the boat in and hit the sandbar. Pepe' and I soaked, while the girls shrimped. When we tired, we pulled out, showered and headed over to Mema's for a visit, before heading to Ms Speed's (YUM) when they finally opened. Lord, it was GOOD!

Friday night, Wayne and Dalton came down, and we shrimped and sandbared some all day Saturday. The girls got us about 5 quarts of bait in the freezer. Nice. Most were big enough to eat, but we needed the bait, too. LOL!  Also, caught a few new interesting friends... a starfish ~

And a baby blow-fish ~


I'm pretty sure Dalton had a better time that his face would show ~

Found a new crock-pot chicken recipe' we tried Saturday night. It was a hit with my crowd, and I'll share it in a few. VERY easy!

Sunday was a lazy day. We got the boat out and cleaned, and sat on the bluff and did some reading and meditating. And we didn't have to kill Dalton. I think he needed the down time, too. LOL!  He and I were swinging at the clubhoue, when some of our Barbour Island neighbors pulled out going home. We got a site I've only seen one other time in all my coasting years. There were 3 or 4 dolphins feeding in front of the dock. Almost always are. Anyway, when that boat took off, they took off, too. They were playing in the wake behind the boat, jumping clear out of the water over the wake, and twisting around. It was like a show at Sea World! Dalton and I looked like a couple of fools jumping up and down, pointing and hollering. It was trully a "God's gift" moment. Wow!

Wayne missed all the excitement. He was patrolling the parking lot looking for Da's vehicle to see if we'd missed their arrival somehow... Another story ~
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment