Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What a happy birthday!

Yesterday made 41... yeah. Well, what can you do? The alternative is out of the question, so I guess the numbers will just keep climbing ~ Started my day with Wayne and the girls singing me happy birthday and presenting me with some new Reefs (Yay!), then on to work, where the birthday wishes continued to pile in through the day. I LOVE Facebook! I know, I know, some condem the evil that is knowing everyone's business, etc. But, for me, it's the ipitome of the social network. I feel so loved from all the warm wishes, etc. Just absolutely made my day ~

Wayne wasn't able to be in town for lunch, so had that on my own, but that's okay. Don't get but 30 minutes anyway. When I got home, Tonya stopped by with a beautiful birthday cake she had made FROM SCRATCH. Her first attempt in her 41 years, and may I say a resounding success. It was a wonderful pound cake (my favorite) decorated beautifully with a giant frog (since that was my childhood nickname). Sad to say, I failed to get a pic before we tore into it. If it's still semi-intack tonight, I'll see what I can do with a "remainder shot". LOL!

Then we headed over to the Baxter's where we were fixed the most delishous steak & trimmings meal. Joe had even baked a pound cake. Yeah, we ate some of both cakes... your birthday only comes once per year, after all. LOL! It was so wonderful to have real food (not restaurant fare)! We're on week 3 of the remodel, and I think everyone is sick to death of the restaurants in Glennville. Megan actually teared up when I told her Monday night that Ms Holly was cooking for us on Tuesday. Sad ~

Anyway, began my 41 year, and am loving life, love, family and friends. Thanks to everyone for making my day special!

No comments:

Post a Comment